Skip to main content

Synthwave Cutting Class Movie Tribute Music Video– I Know Who I Am | RetroSync


Lyrics: 

[Verse 1]
I came back from somewhere no one asks about
With quiet in my hands and something in my chest
The hallways all remembered what I'd left as
And nobody was rushing to forget
[Pre-Chorus]
She looks at me like maybe I'm still human
Like the thing I carry hasn't won
[Chorus]
I know what I am
I know what lives behind my eyes
I know why they watch me in the hallways
I know what they're looking for inside
But she sees something other than the story
Something past the edges and the dark
I know what I am
And I'm afraid that knowing
Isn't enough to keep her
Safe from what I am
[Verse 2]
She has a boy who holds her hand correctly
Who walks her to the places she should go
I watch them from the far end of the corridor
Wanting what I know I shouldn't know
[Pre-Chorus]
There's a version of me made for someone steady
But that version didn't make it back with me
[Chorus]
I know what I am
I know what lives behind my eyes
I know why the teachers watch me sideways
I know what they think they recognize
But she laughs at something I said on a Tuesday
Like I'm just a boy and nothing more
I know what I am
And I'm afraid that her not knowing
Is the most dangerous thing
She's ever done
[Bridge]
Maybe every boy who's been away somewhere
Comes back carrying a door he can't explain
Maybe love looks different from the outside
Maybe I've been reading it all wrong
Maybe she's not saving me from anything
Maybe I'm the one
Who has to save her
From me
[Final Chorus ]
I know what I am
I know what flickers in my eyes
I know the shape of every dark thing in me
I've traced it like a map I can't disguise
But she's standing at the edge of something beautiful
And I won't be the reason that she falls
I know what I am
And for the first time knowing
Feels like something close
To letting go
Of all of it
All of it
[Outro]
All of it
All of it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dschinghis Khan Ole-Ole

歌詞 在一個寂靜的夏夜裡 一顆星星被燒毀 在這片土地上你屏住了呼吸 一會兒 一支蠟燭在夜間燃燒 空氣甜美而沉重 消息傳遍了城市和鄉村 他的心臟不再跳動 他們都來了 對他 In der stille einer sommernacht Da ist ein stern vergluht Und I'm land hielt man den atem an Fur einen augenblick Eine kerze hat die nacht verbrannt Die luft war suss und schwer Und die botschaft flog durch stadt und land Sein herz, das schlagt nicht mehr Und alle kamen sie Zu ihm

Theme de Jeanne ~ by Vladimir Cosma

Beth - Kiss

Beth - Kiss Lyrics: Beth, I hear you callin' But I can't come home right now Me and the boys are playin' And we just can't find the sound Just a few more hours And I'll be right home to you I think I hear them callin' Oh Beth, what can I do? Beth, what can I do? You say you feel so empty That our house just ain't a home And I'm always somewhere else And you're always there alone Just a few more hours And I'll be right home to you I think I hear them callin' Oh Beth, what can I do? Beth, what can I do? Beth, I know you're lonely And I hope you'll be alright 'Cause me and the boys will be playin' All night, all night

胖虎 - 白月光與朱砂痣「白月光在照耀,你才想起她的好」【動態歌詞/pīn yīn gē cí】

胖虎 - 白月光與朱砂痣「白月光在照耀,你才想起她的好」 作詞:黃千芊/王佳瀅 作曲:黃千芊/田桂宇 制作人:田桂宇 編曲:趙鵬/楊爽 和聲:夏初安 混音:張鳴利 出品發行:創際音樂

電影 東邪西毒 配樂 - 摯愛