Skip to main content

世界名曲《紅河谷》(加拿大民歌)~ Red River Valley

作詞:Am. folk song     作曲:Am. folk song


From this valley they say you are leaving

We shall miss your bright eyes and sweet smile

For you take with you all of the sunshine

That has brightened our pathway a while


Then come sit by my side, if you love me

Do not hasten to bid me adieu

Just remember the Red River Valley

And the cowboy that's loved you so true


From a long time, my darling, I have waited

For the sweet words you never would say

Now at last all my fond hopes have vanished

For they say that you're going away


Then come sit by my side, if you love me

Do not hasten to bid me adieu

Just remember the Red River Valley

And the cowboy that's loved you so true


-- There are also many other variations of this song.

Attached below FYI is some related info from Wikipedia:


Red River Valley is a folk song often sung by the Sons of the Pioneers.

It is still widely believed to be a Texas re-working of a popular

American song of 1896, "In the Bright Mohawk Valley"; however, research

has found that it was known in at least five Canadian provinces before

then. This finding led to speculation that it was composed at the time

of the Wolseley expedition to the northern Red River Valley in Manitoba,

and depicts the sorrow of a local girl or woman as her soldier lover

prepares to return to Ontario.


A version of the song was recorded by Bill Haley and the Four Aces of

Western Swing in the late 1940s.


The song and tune have been used in numerous films. It was particularly

memorable in John Ford's The Grapes of Wrath, whose tale of displaced

Oklahomans helps associate it with the southern Red River.


Johnny and the Hurricanes recorded a rock and roll adaptation of the song,

Red River Rock, in 1959. It became a Top 10 hit on the US and UK charts.

A remake of this song by British group Silicon Teens is prominently

featured in the score for the 1987 film Planes, Trains & Automobiles.


Johnny Cash wrote and performed a humorous song entitled "Please Don't Play

Red River Valley" for his 1966 album Everybody Loves a Nut.


Garrison Keillor often performs the song on his popular radio show, A

Prairie Home Companion.

 

紅河谷Red River Valley(中英文字幕)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dschinghis Khan Ole-Ole

歌詞 在一個寂靜的夏夜裡 一顆星星被燒毀 在這片土地上你屏住了呼吸 一會兒 一支蠟燭在夜間燃燒 空氣甜美而沉重 消息傳遍了城市和鄉村 他的心臟不再跳動 他們都來了 對他 In der stille einer sommernacht Da ist ein stern vergluht Und I'm land hielt man den atem an Fur einen augenblick Eine kerze hat die nacht verbrannt Die luft war suss und schwer Und die botschaft flog durch stadt und land Sein herz, das schlagt nicht mehr Und alle kamen sie Zu ihm

Theme de Jeanne ~ by Vladimir Cosma

Beth - Kiss

Beth - Kiss Lyrics: Beth, I hear you callin' But I can't come home right now Me and the boys are playin' And we just can't find the sound Just a few more hours And I'll be right home to you I think I hear them callin' Oh Beth, what can I do? Beth, what can I do? You say you feel so empty That our house just ain't a home And I'm always somewhere else And you're always there alone Just a few more hours And I'll be right home to you I think I hear them callin' Oh Beth, what can I do? Beth, what can I do? Beth, I know you're lonely And I hope you'll be alright 'Cause me and the boys will be playin' All night, all night

胖虎 - 白月光與朱砂痣「白月光在照耀,你才想起她的好」【動態歌詞/pīn yīn gē cí】

胖虎 - 白月光與朱砂痣「白月光在照耀,你才想起她的好」 作詞:黃千芊/王佳瀅 作曲:黃千芊/田桂宇 制作人:田桂宇 編曲:趙鵬/楊爽 和聲:夏初安 混音:張鳴利 出品發行:創際音樂

電影 東邪西毒 配樂 - 摯愛