Skip to main content

The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun 1964 (High Quality)

The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun 1964 (High Quality)

Lyrics

There is a house in New Orleans

They call the Rising Sun

And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy

Dear God, I know I was one

My mother was a tailor

She sewed my new blue jeans

And my father was a gamblin' man

Way down in New Orleans

And the only thing a gambler needs

Is a suitcase in the trunk

And the only time he's satisfied

Is when he's on a drunk

Oh mother, tell your children

Not to do what I have done

Don't spend your life in sin and misery

In the House of the Rising Sun

I got one foot on the platform

And another on…


Below is a story about an old man James mc, I hear this like watching an old movie story. I like it, just like a dream I have never done and I want it.

I was 10 years old in 1965 when I first heard this song on the radio by the 'Animals,' and I often asked my Mother "Where is New Orleans?" Even then, I knew I wanted to go and visit such a place. She told me there was no reason to go there and that it was called the 'City that care forgot,' but that only intrigued me all the more to go there. By the time I finished High School I had already heard of Mardi Gras, and I don't know if it was just out of curiosity or not, but I knew it was a matter of time before I would go to the city that seemed to be beckoning to me.


So it was more than ten years after hearing this song that I would go to 'The Big Easy' as the city also became to be known in the 1970's. During a trip to visit my brother in Texas I took a side stop, and got off of the Greyhound bus alone one cold grey winter day in New Orleans. It was near Mardi Gras time, and I could feel the excitement all around me. Of course I discovered the 'Vieux Carre', and was mesmerized by the glitttering lights, and I mingled with all of the people along Bourbon Street. It was where I first met Manny and learned how to dance; and I never danced that way again. I couldn't help but feel before I left that I may be leaving prematurely and that maybe there was something more yet to discover. When I finally left, however, I knew that I was somehow not as whole as when I came.


I never found the 'House of the Rising Sun even though I looked for it;' but I believed I knew where it was. I guess my story is just like that of many other boys who went to discover and experience the magic of a unique American city. I learned a lot about my self during my days In New Orleans. I also learned that love may just barely touch you but once and whisper it's name to you, and how it may haunt you unmercifully--for a lifetime.

The House of The Rising Sun - The White Buffalo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dschinghis Khan Ole-Ole

歌詞 在一個寂靜的夏夜裡 一顆星星被燒毀 在這片土地上你屏住了呼吸 一會兒 一支蠟燭在夜間燃燒 空氣甜美而沉重 消息傳遍了城市和鄉村 他的心臟不再跳動 他們都來了 對他 In der stille einer sommernacht Da ist ein stern vergluht Und I'm land hielt man den atem an Fur einen augenblick Eine kerze hat die nacht verbrannt Die luft war suss und schwer Und die botschaft flog durch stadt und land Sein herz, das schlagt nicht mehr Und alle kamen sie Zu ihm

Theme de Jeanne ~ by Vladimir Cosma

Beth - Kiss

Beth - Kiss Lyrics: Beth, I hear you callin' But I can't come home right now Me and the boys are playin' And we just can't find the sound Just a few more hours And I'll be right home to you I think I hear them callin' Oh Beth, what can I do? Beth, what can I do? You say you feel so empty That our house just ain't a home And I'm always somewhere else And you're always there alone Just a few more hours And I'll be right home to you I think I hear them callin' Oh Beth, what can I do? Beth, what can I do? Beth, I know you're lonely And I hope you'll be alright 'Cause me and the boys will be playin' All night, all night

胖虎 - 白月光與朱砂痣「白月光在照耀,你才想起她的好」【動態歌詞/pīn yīn gē cí】

胖虎 - 白月光與朱砂痣「白月光在照耀,你才想起她的好」 作詞:黃千芊/王佳瀅 作曲:黃千芊/田桂宇 制作人:田桂宇 編曲:趙鵬/楊爽 和聲:夏初安 混音:張鳴利 出品發行:創際音樂

電影 東邪西毒 配樂 - 摯愛