Skip to main content

Meat Loaf - Read 'Em and Weep (PCM Stereo)

 Meat Loaf - Read 'Em and Weep (PCM Stereo)

Lyrics

I've been trying for hours just to think of what exactly to say

I thought I'd leave you with a letter or a fiery speech

Like when an actor makes an exit at the end of a play


And I've been dying for hours trying to fill up all the holes with some sense

I'd like to know why you gave up and you threw it away

I'd like to give you all the reasons and what everything meant


Well, I could tell you "goodbye" or maybe "see you around"

With just a touch of a sarcastic "thanks"

We started out with a bang and at the top of the world

Now the guns are exhausted and the bullets are blanks

And everything's blank


If I could only find the words then I would write it all down

If I could only find a voice I would speak

Oh, it's there in my eyes, oh, can't you see me tonight

Come on and look at me and read 'em and weep


If I could only find the words then I would write it all down

If I could only find a voice I would speak

Oh, it's there in my eyes, oh, can't you see me tonight

Come on and look at me and read 'em and weep


I've been whispering softly trying to build a cry up into a scream

We let the past slip away and put the future on hold

Now the present is nothing but a hollowed-out dream

And I've been dreaming forever, hoping something would eventually come

I saw your eyes in the dark, I felt your kiss on my lips

I traced your body in the air until the bodies were numb


Well, I could tell you "goodbye" or maybe "see you around"

With just a touch of a sarcastic "thanks"

But now the rooms are all empty, the candles are dark

The guns are exhausted and the bullets are blanks

And everything's fine


If I could only find the words then I would write it all down

If I could only find a voice I would speak

Oh, it's there in my eyes, oh, can't you see me tonight

Come on and look at me and read 'em and weep


Oh, it's there in my eyes and coming straight from my heart

It's running silent and angry and deep

Oh, it's there in my eyes and it's all I can say

Come on and look at me and read 'em and weep


(Read 'em and weep) For all the hours we'll be spending alone

(Read 'em and weep) For the dreams we'll ignore

(Running silent and deep) And all those promises we promised to keep

They won't be kept anymore


(Read 'em and weep) For the magic that our bodies had made

(Read 'em and weep) For the blood that we've lost

(Running silent and deep) And all those secrets that we somehow betrayed

For whatever the cost

(Read 'em and weep) For the memories still alive in the bed

(Read 'em and weep) For the lies we believed

(Running silent and deep) And all the things that will have never been said

Why don't you look at me and read 'em and weep

Come on and look at me and read 'em


It's there in my eyes and coming straight from my heart

It's running silent and angry and deep

It's there in my eyes, it's all I can say

Come on and look at me and read 'em and weep




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dschinghis Khan Ole-Ole

歌詞 在一個寂靜的夏夜裡 一顆星星被燒毀 在這片土地上你屏住了呼吸 一會兒 一支蠟燭在夜間燃燒 空氣甜美而沉重 消息傳遍了城市和鄉村 他的心臟不再跳動 他們都來了 對他 In der stille einer sommernacht Da ist ein stern vergluht Und I'm land hielt man den atem an Fur einen augenblick Eine kerze hat die nacht verbrannt Die luft war suss und schwer Und die botschaft flog durch stadt und land Sein herz, das schlagt nicht mehr Und alle kamen sie Zu ihm

Theme de Jeanne ~ by Vladimir Cosma

Beth - Kiss

Beth - Kiss Lyrics: Beth, I hear you callin' But I can't come home right now Me and the boys are playin' And we just can't find the sound Just a few more hours And I'll be right home to you I think I hear them callin' Oh Beth, what can I do? Beth, what can I do? You say you feel so empty That our house just ain't a home And I'm always somewhere else And you're always there alone Just a few more hours And I'll be right home to you I think I hear them callin' Oh Beth, what can I do? Beth, what can I do? Beth, I know you're lonely And I hope you'll be alright 'Cause me and the boys will be playin' All night, all night

胖虎 - 白月光與朱砂痣「白月光在照耀,你才想起她的好」【動態歌詞/pīn yīn gē cí】

胖虎 - 白月光與朱砂痣「白月光在照耀,你才想起她的好」 作詞:黃千芊/王佳瀅 作曲:黃千芊/田桂宇 制作人:田桂宇 編曲:趙鵬/楊爽 和聲:夏初安 混音:張鳴利 出品發行:創際音樂

電影 東邪西毒 配樂 - 摯愛