Skip to main content

Manchester Orchestra - The Silence



Manchester Orchestra - The Silence Lyrics

[Verse 1]

Why do I deserve the science to feel better about you?

At a loss I lost my cool

I denied that I found you

I tried to be a basket case

I did not surprise you

I'm trying to find a signal fire

Let me know when I should move



[Chorus]

But you, amplified in the silence

Justified in the way you make me bruise

Magnified in the science

Anatomically proved that you don't need me



[Verse 2]

Why do I desire the space?

I was mourning after you

I was lost and lost my shape

There was nothing I could do

I don't want to waste away

It was all I gave to you

Take me back and take my place

I will rise right up for you



[Chorus]

But you, amplified in the silence

Justified in the way you make me bruise

Magnified in the science

Anatomically proved that you don't need me





[Bridge]

All the while you waste away, you're asking

"Did I really need another one to take me down?"

Everybody knows it's something that you had to live with, darling

Nobody's gonna tear you down now

There is nothing you keep, there is only your reflection



[Outro]

There was nothing but quiet retractions

And families pleading, "Don't look in that cabinet

There's far more bad than there's good, I don't know how it got there"

That was something your father had burned in me

Twenty hours out of Homestake eternity

"You can go anywhere but you are where you came from"

Little girl, you are cursed by my ancestry

There is nothing but darkness and agony

I can not only see, but you stopped me from blinking

Let me watch you as close as a memory

Let me hold you above all the misery

Let me open my eyes and be glad that I got here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dschinghis Khan Ole-Ole

歌詞 在一個寂靜的夏夜裡 一顆星星被燒毀 在這片土地上你屏住了呼吸 一會兒 一支蠟燭在夜間燃燒 空氣甜美而沉重 消息傳遍了城市和鄉村 他的心臟不再跳動 他們都來了 對他 In der stille einer sommernacht Da ist ein stern vergluht Und I'm land hielt man den atem an Fur einen augenblick Eine kerze hat die nacht verbrannt Die luft war suss und schwer Und die botschaft flog durch stadt und land Sein herz, das schlagt nicht mehr Und alle kamen sie Zu ihm

Theme de Jeanne ~ by Vladimir Cosma

Beth - Kiss

Beth - Kiss Lyrics: Beth, I hear you callin' But I can't come home right now Me and the boys are playin' And we just can't find the sound Just a few more hours And I'll be right home to you I think I hear them callin' Oh Beth, what can I do? Beth, what can I do? You say you feel so empty That our house just ain't a home And I'm always somewhere else And you're always there alone Just a few more hours And I'll be right home to you I think I hear them callin' Oh Beth, what can I do? Beth, what can I do? Beth, I know you're lonely And I hope you'll be alright 'Cause me and the boys will be playin' All night, all night

胖虎 - 白月光與朱砂痣「白月光在照耀,你才想起她的好」【動態歌詞/pīn yīn gē cí】

胖虎 - 白月光與朱砂痣「白月光在照耀,你才想起她的好」 作詞:黃千芊/王佳瀅 作曲:黃千芊/田桂宇 制作人:田桂宇 編曲:趙鵬/楊爽 和聲:夏初安 混音:張鳴利 出品發行:創際音樂

電影 東邪西毒 配樂 - 摯愛